Getting rid of home and garden waste yourself can be frustrating and messy, not to mention tricky without a large car. A professional waste removal service can take care of it all for you, saving you time and worry as they’ll be able to dispose of the rubbish quickly and safely. Let Hoppy find you a rubbish and waste removal service near you today.
What a waste removal service can help you with
Every waste removal service will have a list of things they can and cannot remove and dispose of for you. Be sure to state exactly what you need disposing of to ensure that your chosen service can help you. Examples of items removal services may be able to help you with are listed below:
- Garden waste: grass, soil, shrubs, tree branches, old fencing, etc.
- Furniture: wardrobes, mattresses, chairs, garden furniture, etc.
- Other home waste: boxes, CDs and DVDs, clothes, books, etc.
- General building waste: plasterboard, window frames, windows, glass, carpet, etc.
- Appliances and white goods
How Hoppy helps you choose a waste removal service with Rated People
Hoppy has partnered with Rated People to help you find trusted waste and rubbish removal service and get the job done in just 4 easy steps.
- Select ‘cleaner’ from the list of trades and tell Hoppy all about your job by completing a short form.
- Then post your job - you'll get a confirmation email from Hoppy and our partner Rated People that your job has been posted, with a link to where you can manage it.
- Now sit back and wait to hear from up to 3 trusted tradespeople about your job - be sure to check out their profiles, where you’ll find examples of previous work and genuine reviews.
- Then simply choose the right person for your job!
What questions should you ask a waste removal specialist?
- Does any of the waste I need removed require a special license?
- Can you collect and remove all the waste without my help?
- Are there any items you won’t remove?
- How do you normally charge, e.g. weight/hour?
- Do you have public liability insurance?
Hazardous waste material
Not all waste removal services can remove all types of waste. If your removal involves substances like asbestos, then you’ll need a specialist removal team to collect it. The reason for this is that some items need a license for safe removal and disposal as they might be hazardous to people or the environment. Check the list below for substances that need specialist care and mention them upfront when booking a removal service to avoid any unexpected charges and drawing out the removals process.
- Toxic chemicals, paint, solvents
- Medical waste
- Gas canisters and bottles
- Car batteries
- Industrial or large appliances
- Fuel, petrol, oil, and diesel
What qualifications does a waste removal specialist need?
While there are no formal qualifications that your waste removal specialist needs, they may need a license if they’re disposing of hazardous materials, like the ones detailed above. Your local authority will be able to advise if disposing of some items requires a license and in turn a licensed service provider.