‘Man with a van’ might not sound like the most precise trade but, chances are, you’ll need their services at least once in your life. Man with a van (or woman!) is basically a removal service, providing you with a vehicle, driver, and some assistance with the lifting of goods. Depending on the task at hand, using this service can be cheaper than a removals company, so get some quotes before committing to anything.
Getting rid of home and garden waste yourself can be frustrating and messy, not to mention tricky without a large car. A professional waste removal service can take care of it all for you, saving you time and worry as they’ll be able to dispose of the rubbish quickly and safely. Let Hoppy find you a rubbish and waste removal service nearby today.
What can a man with a van help you with?
- Moving home
- Loading and transporting items
- Office removals
- Garden waste removals
- Transporting specialist items
How Hoppy helps you find a man with a van service through our partner Rated People
Hoppy has partnered with Rated People to help you find removal services and get the job done in just 4 easy steps.
- Select ‘removal services’ from the list of trades and tell Hoppy all about your job by completing a short form.
- Then post your job - you'll get a confirmation email from Hoppy and our partner Rated People that your job has been posted, with a link to where you can manage it.
- Now sit back and wait to hear from up to 3 trusted tradespeople about your job - be sure to check out their profiles, where you’ll find examples of previous work and genuine reviews.
- Then simply choose the right person for your job!
What questions should you ask your man with a van?
- Can you help with disassembling furniture and packing?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- Can you provide packing boxes?
- Will you organise parking permits?
- Will you use protective cover for certain items?
- Will you charge extra for fuel or is it all included in the price?
How much does a man with a van cost?
The cost of this service is usually based on the size of the van, charging per hour. A small van with one driver is likely to be around £40 per hour while a medium will come in at around £55 per hour. Obviously, this number will change based on where in the country you are and how much assistance you require with your items. Keep in mind that Fridays and weekends are unsurprisingly the most popular times to book this service and it’ll cost more than if you can do it on other days of the week.