Want to keep your home and everything inside it safe? One of the best ways to accomplish this is with the help of security systems and alarms. There are more than a few available on the market, so you’ll need to do your research to find one that’s right for you home. You can also employ the services of a security specialist who’ll be able to advise you on the best steps to take to protect your home, like CCTV and burglar alarm installation. Let Hoppy find you an expert to help with your security and installation in just a few easy steps.
What can a security specialist help you with?
- Installing CCTV
- Additional door security like reinforced door frames, bolts, chains, and deadlocks
- Installing fire and burglar alarms
- Fitting garage doors (usually roller shutters)
- Fitting new locks on doors
- Fitting security bollards, gates, and fences
- Fitting security grilles to windows and doors
How Hoppy helps you choose a security specialist with Rated People
Hoppy has partnered with Rated People to help you find local security specialists and get the job done in just 4 easy steps.
- Select ‘security systems/alarms’ from the list of trades and tell Hoppy all about your job by completing a short form.
- Then post your job - you'll get a confirmation email from Hoppy and our partner Rated People that your job has been posted, with a link to where you can manage it.
- Now sit back and wait to hear from up to 3 trusted tradespeople about your job - be sure to check out their profiles, where you’ll find examples of previous work and genuine reviews.
- Then simply choose the right person for your job!
What questions should you ask a security specialist?
- Do you have public liability insurance and what does it cover?
- Can you tell me about the latest security technology?
- How long have you been trading for?
- Do you deal with servicing issues yourself or is this done by a different team?
- Do you offer 24-hour support?
- Do you provide a guarantee for your work and how long does it last?
How much does CCTV installation cost?
The cost of CCTV will depend on the kind of system you want and the size of your property. A basic CCTV system with four cameras will cost around £500, with £200 going towards cameras and the rest for installation. A mid-range wireless system is likely to come in around the £750 mark while a high-end system can go right up to £1000. Be sure to shop around and ask for quotes when looking for a security specialist.
Do I need permission to install CCTV?
In the UK, you’re not generally required to get planning permission if you want to install CCTV cameras in or on any part of your property. You might need it if you live in a listed building or a conservation area, so be sure to give your local planning authority a call first to avoid any confusion.
What are the types of burglar alarms?
You can get two types of alarms. The first is a monitored / speech dialler alarm, which is programmed to contact you or an individual you nominate when the alarm is triggered. With this type of alarm, you can also take out a monitoring contract with a security company; you pay them an annual or monthly fee to respond to the triggered alarm by checking in with you / your nominated individual and contacting the police if needed.
Bell-only alarms go off when a break-in is detected. Typically, this means that an internal alarm will go off and stay on until the system is turned off while the external alarm will go off for a set amount of time together with a flashing light.