What jobs can a bricklayer do?
- Stonework and stone cladding
- Garden walls
- Building chimneys
- Repairing or building walls
How Hoppy helps you choose a bricklayer with Rated People
Hoppy has partnered with Rated People to help you find local trusted bricklayers and get the job done in just 4 easy steps.
- Select ‘bricklayer’ from the list of trades and tell Hoppy all about your job by completing a short form.
- Then post your job - you'll get a confirmation email from Hoppy and our partner Rated People that your job has been posted, with a link to where you can manage it.
- Now sit back and wait to hear from up to 3 trusted tradespeople about your job - be sure to check out their profiles, where you’ll find examples of previous work and genuine reviews.
- Then simply choose the right person for your job!
What questions should you ask a bricklayer?
- Do you have public liability insurance and what does it cover?
- How long have you been trading for?
- Do you have examples / references of previous work?
- Will you source all the materials and equipment yourself?
- Will you provide a guarantee for your work and how long does it last?
Common questions to ask a bricklayer
What is repointing?
The mortar that holds bricks together weathers and degrades over time. To keep your home looking great and the structure stable it needs to be touched up, repaired, and filled I form time to time. That’s what repointing is.
Do I need planning permission for bricklaying jobs?
Planning permission isn’t required for jobs like repairs, maintenance, minor improvements or repointing. If you live in a listed building however then you’ll need consent for any significant works, internal or external.