Giving your bathroom a makeover is a great way to upgrade its functionality and improve the value of your home. Bathroom fitters can help you achieve the look you want while ensuring that everything in the bathroom works just like it should. Let Hoppy find you trusted local bathroom fitters with our partner Rated People in just a few easy steps. Find out how below.
What can a bathroom fitter help you with?
- Installing a bathroom
- Designing a bathroom
- Refurbishing the bathroom
- Carrying out repairs
How Hoppy helps you choose a bathroom fitter with Rated People?
Hoppy has partnered with Rated People to help you find trusted local bathroom fitters and get the job done in just 4 easy steps.
- Select ‘bathroom fitter’ from the list of trades and tell Hoppy all about your job by completing a short form.
- Then post your job - you'll get a confirmation email from Hoppy and our partner Rated People that your job has been posted, with a link to where you can manage it.
- Now sit back and wait to hear from up to 3 trusted tradespeople about your job - be sure to check out their profiles, where you’ll find examples of previous work and genuine reviews.
- Then simply choose the right person for your job!
What qualifications should a bathroom fitter have?
While there is no legal qualification that your fitter needs to have in order to work on your bathroom, if any electrical works are involved ask whether they have a Part P qualification, or plan to involve an electrician. Likewise, if you require help with the design and planning of the bathroom, ask about training in computer aided design and examples of previous work.
What should you ask a bathroom fitter?
- How long have you been trading for?
- Do you have public liability insurance and what does it cover?
- Do you have a Part P qualification to carry out electrical work?
- Do you have photos of previous work?
- Do you provide a guarantee for the work and how long does it last?
Common questions to ask a bathroom fitter
How much does it cost to install a new bathroom?
It’s difficult to provide an estimate for a new bathroom as it will depend on the size of the room, the quality of the items you choose, and labour costs, which vary on where in the country you are. A very general estimate ranges from £,2750 to £7,000. It’s always best to get a few quotes and compare the kind of pricing that’s expected for your area and type of installation.
How much does a small bathroom renovation cost?
While it’s not possible to provide an accurate quote, a small bathroom renovation can come in at anywhere between £2,000 and £3,000. You might be able to do it for less by shopping around during sale times or opting for lower cost fittings.
How long does it take to install a new bathroom?
On average, installing a new bathroom takes about two weeks. This amount of time will vary on the size of your bathroom and the complexity of the installation. If you’re moving the location of your bath and retiling, for example, it might take a little longer compared to a more straight-forward task of replacing old fittings.