Which appliances can typically be repaired?
- Electric ovens
- Washing machines
- Electric hob
- Small electrical goods like kettles and toasters
How to select the right tradesperson for the job?
When it comes to appliance repair, most jobs will typically fall under the skillset of either electricians or plumbers. It’s usually easy to determine whose services you require by the type of appliance that needs repairing.
The only exception to this rule is the washing machine as malfunction can be due to a plumbing or an electrical issue. In this instance, be sure to provide as much detail about the issue as possible when posting your job – you’ll get advice about the type of issue it is most likely to be.
Any gas-connected appliances, like gas stoves, should only be worked on by a Gas Safe registered tradesperson.
How Hoppy helps you find an appliance repair service with Rated People
Hoppy has partnered with Rated People to help you find local appliance repair service and get the job done in just 4 easy steps.
- Select ‘plumber/electrician’ (as applicable) from the list of trades and tell Hoppy all about your job by completing a short form.
- Then post your job - you'll get a confirmation email from Hoppy and our partner Rated People that your job has been posted, with a link to where you can manage it.
- Now sit back and wait to hear from up to 3 trusted tradespeople about your job - be sure to check out their profiles, where you’ll find examples of previous work and genuine reviews.
- Then simply choose the right person for your job!